UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977407  
Subject: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/4/2013 10:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I really hope the GOP runs on a platform of less Medicare, more tax cuts for the wealthy in 2014.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/republican-go...

Just as GOP lawmakers are tacitly endorsing sequester cuts to the Pentagon, long a sacred cow, they fear the balanced-budget goal will force them to abandon a campaign pledge not to reduce Medicare benefits for those who are now 55 and older.

“I know a number of people who have real concerns about where this is going,” said Rep. Peter T. King (R-N.Y.), who said Medicare cuts targeting people as old as 58 are under discussion.

“One of the last presidents to balance the budget was Herbert Hoover,” King added darkly, referring to the penny-pinching Republican blamed for deepening the Great Depression.

</snip>
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863494 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 8:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
And yet the only person to actually cut Medicare was Obama back when Democrats had control of Congress.

http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/16/fact-check-obamacares-m...

The low information voter needs to learn that OBAMA is the one who cut medicare, not the GOP. Whether the GOP wants to cut it is one thing, but the party that actually did the cutting was the Democrats.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863497 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 8:34 AM
Recommendations: 0
Romney lost. Get over it!

Ken

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863498 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 8:43 AM
Recommendations: 1
Romney lost. Get over it!

_________

Obama's President, if you can't defend his actions don't change the subject.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863501 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 9:03 AM
"Obama's President, if you can't defend his actions don't change the subject. "

The "point" you raise was beaten to death in the pre-election period, with Ryan and Romney wanting the same cuts from Medicare with the money going to tax cuts for the wealthy rather that the ACA.

Time to stop trying to get Romney elected.

Ken

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863515 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 9:50 AM
See, you changed it again...Romney isn't running anymore. The campaign is over, time for Obama to put on the Big Boy pants and do his job. No more distractions, no more campaigning.

Maybe this time he'll get it right.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863547 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 12:27 PM
Ken,

The real issue was that Obama was willing to allow Medicare reform along the lines the Republicans had outlined. In fact nearly the same cuts that the GOP House had passed in the Ryan budget. Romney/Ryan the used Obama's acquiescence on Medicare to run against him. They counted on goobers not knowing enough to realize the cuts were a Republican plan and it worked with goobers.

Obama isn't about to go down that road again if the party pros have anything to say about it.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863553 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 12:53 PM
"Obama isn't about to go down that road again if the party pros have anything to say about it."

Obama needs Josiah Bartlet's team of advisers.

Ken <catching up on The West Wing through Netflix and loving it>

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863568 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 1:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the laws of math and economics that are planning big cuts to Medicare... it's the GOP that is at least admitting that those things really do exist and will invariably win out in the end.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863572 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 2:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the laws of math and economics that are planning big cuts to Medicare... it's the GOP that is at least admitting that those things really do exist and will invariably win out in the end.

One of the many things I enjoy about liberals is thing willingness to show themselves as just folks willing to say anything and throw out fake outrage like beads at Mardi Gras

One of the great points of outrage regarding the Tea Party? Sure they want big cuts to government but cut Medicare and they would all go insane complaining.

You really have to be such an inconsistent phony to be a liberal it is little wonder there seems to be none with self respect in the crew.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1863577 of 1977407
Subject: Re: Tea-Baggers Plan Big Cuts to Medicare Date: 3/5/2013 2:34 PM
There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Many people believe it's free if someone else is paying for it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement