UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63236  
Subject: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/15/2010 7:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 39
Did you know the second largest shareholder in Newscorp (parent for Faux news) is Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal? Apparently he can also change the content on news stories on Fox - i.e. he has editorial control. Who knew?

The voice of conservatism in the good ol' USA is edited by a muslim arab. Oh, the irony!

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/10/right-rebels-foxnews/

You really can't make stuff like this up.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23312 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/15/2010 8:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The voice of conservatism in the good ol' USA is edited by a muslim arab.

Can you imagine the outcry if that were the case with the NY Times or MSNBC? oh, wait--the outcry is already like that ;-)

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23313 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/15/2010 9:42 PM
Recommendations: 3
Can you imagine the outcry if that were the case with the NY Times or MSNBC? oh, wait--the outcry is already like that ;-)

Hypocrisy does seem to be a guiding principle for the tea-baggers.

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23316 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/15/2010 10:11 PM
Recommendations: 4
Volucris posts,

Did you know the second largest shareholder in Newscorp (parent for Faux news) is Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal? Apparently he can also change the content on news stories on Fox - i.e. he has editorial control. Who knew?

The voice of conservatism in the good ol' USA is edited by a muslim arab. Oh, the irony!

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/10/right-rebels-foxnews/

You really can't make stuff like this up.

What was it that Lenin said? "The Capitalists {Teabaggers} will sell us the rope to hang them.

intercts

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23317 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/15/2010 10:25 PM
Recommendations: 3
<<The voice of conservatism in the good ol' USA is edited by a muslim arab.

>>

Heh, heh! The Arabs don't need to buy up MSNBC and the NYT to get their poin ts of view displayed.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23318 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/15/2010 11:15 PM
Recommendations: 1
The Chinese already own enough of our government through debt. After another trillion, they'll be telling Obama what he can and can't do, who he can and can't visit...and he'll stop to the sales to Taiwan since he needs to sell another 2 trillion in bonds each year to China....

You worry about 7% ownership.

Soon others will own HALF of the US........

I didn't see intercst getting too excited about that, but he should with the lib dem tax and spend and spend and spend policies......

His Euros will be toast too....

And who do you think likely owns 7% of GE? Other than BUffet who owns 20 billion of the company, plus warrants to buy more..... Did intercst check to see the largest holders? Likely union pension plans...hee hee...now they would never use their power, right? Like Calpers? making folks divest whatever isn't popular? hee hee....

t.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23319 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/15/2010 11:17 PM
"
Heh, heh! The Arabs don't need to buy up MSNBC and the NYT to get their poin ts of view displayed. "

Yep, they got the bowing Obama in place....to grovel to the leaders of the Arab world...and visit more mosques than churches in his first year......

t.

Author: putnid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23321 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 1:15 AM
Recommendations: 34
"Fair and Balanced"!?!

With Rupert Murdoch, Roger Ailes and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal running the show, it's a dead certainty that the "news" and commentary offered by Fox News is ANYTHING but.

Fox News is nothing but a 24/7 political propaganda machine. Add in beaucoup political advertisements as a result of the "conservatives" on the Supreme Court, and we got ourselves a voice louder than any other.

It already shows. The rich have gotten far richer. The poor have gotten far poorer.

Wall Street pays itself BILLIONS in bonuses, after wrecking the global economy.

We're screwed.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23322 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 1:35 AM
Recommendations: 2
<<"Fair and Balanced"!?!

With Rupert Murdoch, Roger Ailes and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal running the show, it's a dead certainty that the "news" and commentary offered by Fox News is ANYTHING but.

Fox News is nothing but a 24/7 political propaganda machine. Add in beaucoup political advertisements as a result of the "conservatives" on the Supreme Court, and we got ourselves a voice louder than any other.
>>

You forgot to mention that Obama is carrying out George Bush's third term.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23323 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 9:17 AM
Recommendations: 7
You forgot to mention that Obama is carrying out George Bush's third term.

I can just picture Bush leaving the Iraqi oil fields to fight harder in Afghanistan--and working for health insurance reform ;-)

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23329 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 11:43 AM
<<You forgot to mention that Obama is carrying out George Bush's third term.

I can just picture Bush leaving the Iraqi oil fields to fight harder in Afghanistan--and working for health insurance reform ;-)
>>

You have to look at what Obama has actually accomplished. He's soldiering on in Iran and Iraq, kept detention in Guantanamo going, proposing to try prisoner with military tribunals and the health care system remains free of his influence and policies.

What's not to like?

Seattle Pioneer

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23331 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 12:03 PM
SP: "What's not to like?"

He did get the EPA to regulate CO2.....

and we all know now that 'global warming' is a crock......thoroughly debunked.

Even Phil Jones...the main contributor to the IPCC document....admits there is neither a 'consensus' or that there has been 'any statistical' warming for the past 15 years. In addition, he 'admits' that the Medieval 'Warm Period was warmer than today....with less CO2 in the atmosphere.

So......we can 'not like' Obama's political agenda to 'control' all energy sources. And tax them. And tax them. And tax them more....

t.

Author: CountUptoten Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23332 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 2:19 PM
PUTNID: We're screwed

Things would have to improve for it to only be "screwed".

Count Uptoten

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23333 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 3:09 PM
Recommendations: 34
salaryguru says

Hypocrisy does seem to be a guiding principle for the tea-baggers.

Or something. In today's Mercury News there was a letter claiming that all the teabaggers want is the same health plan Nancy Pelosi has. I wrote a reply pointing out that it's a Federally controlled single-payer plan, and asking if he has cleared his proposal with Sarah Palin.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23334 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 3:28 PM
He's soldiering on in Iran

Wishful thinking?

Probably my biggest worry about a REpublican president being elected in 2012 is opening yet another front in the War on Countries We're Askeered Of.

Author: MATZOID Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23335 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 4:15 PM
Recommendations: 10

No irony. They both want to destroy America. Look how CheneyBush did exactly what bin Laden wanted them to do. And we are the weaker for it.

Fundamentalists of the world unite! Be it religious, political, or a combo of the two.

Author: DufusGoneSplat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23336 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 5:28 PM
Recommendations: 4
We're screwed.

As highlighted at the end of the original article;

With the Citizens United Supreme Court decision essentially freeing corporations to spend unlimited amounts in campaigns, theoretically Alwaleed can pressure the American corporations he owns stock in to spend millions — or even billions — of dollars attacking candidates he opposes. In addition to his powerful Fox News outlet, Alwaleed and other foreign investors have potentially unprecedented power to impact American elections.

Yep. Screwed.

Author: MATZOID Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23340 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 6:04 PM
It already shows. The rich have gotten far richer. The poor have gotten far poorer.

Wall Street pays itself BILLIONS in bonuses, after wrecking the global economy.

We're screwed.

Yes we are. And it will be a long time before it changes.

So relax, kick back, and enjoy the show. Cause the system grief whenever possible. Cost the big corporations money. Buy their crap, use it for the money back period, then return it to the store. Defile their billboards with paint balls guns. Call their service desks several times a day. Put up posters everywhere outing their lies.

It could actually be a fun decade or two.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23342 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 6:35 PM
MATZOID says

So relax, kick back, and enjoy the show. Cause the system grief whenever possible. Cost the big corporations money. Buy their crap, use it for the money back period, then return it to the store. Defile their billboards with paint balls guns. Call their service desks several times a day. Put up posters everywhere outing their lies.

Abbie, man, is that you?

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23343 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 6:42 PM
<<MATZOID says

It could actually be a fun decade or two.>>

Perhaps. Of course, Matzoid might encounter some bored corporate drone who might sic 200 collection agencies on him, just to have the same kind of fun.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: MATZOID Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23344 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 7:00 PM
Recommendations: 2

Abbie, man, is that you?

Yeah baby!

Steal this post!

Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23346 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 7:37 PM
Recommendations: 6
The Chinese already own enough of our government through debt. After another trillion, they'll be telling Obama what he can and can't do, who he can and can't visit...and he'll stop to the sales to Taiwan since he needs to sell another 2 trillion in bonds each year to China.....

Really? That's all you got, we're in debt? Well, no s__t Sherlock. Your buddies Ronnie Raygun and the Bush clones sure helped put us there. In fact, they did the worst damage.

But, if your fair and balanced source is run by foreigners, I can see how you might not notice.

Nice.

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23348 of 63236
Subject: Re: Tea Baggers turn on Fox News Date: 2/16/2010 8:14 PM
Cleanse your home of all products Chinese, and go and sin no more!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement