Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65471  
Subject: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/17/2012 7:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I really don't think this should be a crime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57495658-504083/britt...

There are women every where. The fact that she was a teacher is irrelevant.

Peter
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65185 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/19/2012 10:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
First they they cut back on "after school sports", now they make it a crime?

Where will it end?

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65186 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/20/2012 8:59 AM
Recommendations: 5
The fact that she was so blatant about it all, especially as a teacher, obviously indicates she was stupid or obsessed.

However, I'll bet MOST of us men remember times when, as horny young teens, we lusted after one or more of our teachers, and we'd have been very happy to accommodate her, had we had the chance!

Vermonter

Author: Rollomc Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65190 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/20/2012 5:03 PM
Recommendations: 4
When I was 18 1/2 years old I was military trained and waiting for orders to take me to south east Asia-Vietnam. While waiting for orders I found that my military pay would not buy all I could drink. However, I learned that by buying a beer in certain bars and nursing it slowly that it was only a matter of time before an older woman offered to help me out. I met several wonderful older women in this manner. I often think of them fondly as some of my favorite teachers. They did not scar me for life.

What happened to me after I got my orders and left for my destination was another matter. I think we should put all the people who send children to war in jail.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65191 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/20/2012 6:35 PM
When I was 18 1/2 years old I was military trained and waiting for orders to take me to south east Asia-Vietnam. While waiting for orders I found that my military pay would not buy all I could drink. However, I learned that by buying a beer in certain bars and nursing it slowly that it was only a matter of time before an older woman offered to help me out. I met several wonderful older women in this manner. I often think of them fondly as some of my favorite teachers. They did not scar me for life.

Do you still have their numbers to share?

Author: Rollomc Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65193 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/20/2012 10:48 PM
Recommendations: 2
I never had their numbers. Not only was it a casual arrangement, it was designed to not have any effect on the life they engaged.

I am confident that I served the capacity of a moment.

What more is life than a few fabulous moments?

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65194 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 4:53 PM
Recommendations: 4
The fact that she was a teacher is irrelevant.

If she were just a woman that these boys knew, or met in a bar, there would not be chargesbecause they are 18.
The fact that she is a teacher is completely relevant.

Regardless of the *hot-teacher-fantasy* - any person in a position of authority (boss/teacher/CO/coach) has a position of power.
When that person uses his/her position to either gain access to or pressure someone into sex - that is an abuse of power.

peace & unacceptable behavior
t

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65195 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 5:02 PM
t When that person uses his/her position to either gain access to or pressure someone into sex - that is an abuse of power.

Do you think it was an offer of higher grades that induced these five boys to come to her house and have sex with her?

Peter

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65196 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 5:51 PM
Recommendations: 1
Regardless of the *hot-teacher-fantasy* - any person in a position of authority (boss/teacher/CO/coach) has a position of power.
When that person uses his/her position to either gain access to or pressure someone into sex - that is an abuse of power.

t

What pressure was exercised? You act as though this is an un-natural human act for this occupation or position. Nature says otherwise.

A postion of authority could be anyone, like a manager at a burger joint, so pushing this postion is really quite silly. Once you are 18 the child thing is gone, but replaced with a work ethic and the problems with effing someone at work or a client from work. At worst this is bad decision making or a work violation, not abuse of power with the current facts at hand.

Adults do adult stuff with each other sometimes.

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65202 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 7:47 PM
Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime?

.....If they were 18 years old its not a crime, if they were 17 years old, then its definitely a crime. - Bean

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65203 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 7:50 PM
However, I'll bet MOST of us men remember times when, as horny young teens, we lusted after one or more of our teachers, and we'd have been very happy to accommodate her, had we had the chance!

Vermonter

---------------------------------------

.....That is SO true.:) - Bean

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65204 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 7:53 PM
kahunacfa - A teacher, policemen, or woman Military Officer or other simular person of authority has, at least for a time, control over another person. Doing certain "Stuff" is a Breach of a position of Trust relationship.

--- Waterboarding for Life is fair.

-------------------------------------------

.....I totally agree. - Bean

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65205 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 7:57 PM
Rollomc - What happened to me after I got my orders and left for my destination was another matter. I think we should put all the people who send children to war in jail.

------------------------------------------------------

......I believe that ALL wars should be fought between heads of nations, and heads of states. Leave our children out of it! - Bean

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65206 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 8:02 PM

t

------------------------------------------

....It definitely IS unacceptable behavior. But unfortunately, its totally legal in most places. - Bean

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65207 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 8:09 PM
Do you think it was an offer of higher grades that induced these five boys to come to her house and have sex with her?

Peter

------------------------------------------------

.,....No. I believe it was the offer of GREAT sex, that got the boys to come to her house, and to have sex with her. Can you really blame them? Especially, if she looks really hot to them? - Bean

Author: joelcorley Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65210 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 8:25 PM
yosemitebean,

You wrote, .....If they were 18 years old its not a crime, if they were 17 years old, then its definitely a crime. - Bean

I believe the general age of consent in Texas is 17, not 18.

The problem is the statute ( http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.21.htm#... ) that makes it a sex crime for "An employee of a public or private primary or secondary school..." to have sex with ANY student, regardless of the age. (There are 2 exceptions.) The crime is a second degree felony punishable by up to 20 years in jail.

You can blame the draconian punishment meted out by the statute on the extreme social conservatives in Texas.

- Joel

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65211 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/21/2012 8:38 PM
joelcorley - I believe the general age of consent in Texas is 17, not 18.

-------------------------------------------

....If the age of consent is 17 in Texas, then it should be illegal anytime before that. - Carol

Author: joelcorley Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65215 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/22/2012 11:05 AM
yosemitebean,

You wrote, ....If the age of consent is 17 in Texas, then it should be illegal anytime before that. - Carol

I'm not sure why you're making this point given the context of the thread. However, you should read more carefully. I said "the general age of consent". There are exceptions for sex between minors (within 36 months of each other) and for minors that are married. (Marriage is permitted from the age of 14 with the consent of a parent or legal guardian.)

So it is legal in Texas to have sex with a minor (under the age of 17), under certain conditions.

- Joel

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65216 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/23/2012 10:16 AM
Recommendations: 7
I'm not sure why you're making this point given the context of the thread. However, you should read more carefully. I said "the general age of consent". There are exceptions for sex between minors (within 36 months of each other) and for minors that are married. (Marriage is permitted from the age of 14 with the consent of a parent or legal guardian.)

She has a hard time with generalizations/critical thinking. If you post something that she cannot respond to with "I agree" or "LOL", she's pretty much thrown for a loop.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65217 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/23/2012 1:02 PM
She has a hard time with generalizations/critical thinking. If you post something that she cannot respond to with "I agree" or "LOL", she's pretty much thrown for a loop.

Our society frowns on punishment that is cruel and unusual, let alone unjustified.

Author: joelcorley Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65218 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 8/23/2012 4:18 PM
99lashes,

You wrote, Our society frowns on punishment that is cruel and unusual, let alone unjustified.

No. Our Constitution supposedly does that - see the Eight Amendment. The USA seems to have a lot of so-called "social conservatives" that have no problem with it. And as far as I can tell, they trample that provision all the time. But of course the US courts have repeatedly ruled that imprisonment for any term by itself is neither cruel nor unusual, regardless of the crime actually committed.

Politicians in Texas almost always run a "Hard on crime" platform. So the crimes being committed doesn't seem that bad? We'll just reclassify them to make our stats look better. (Or worse, depending on the intended spin.) Or induce some addict to sell you some of his stash so we can up the charge to a felony instead of a misdemeanor. Don't catch enough criminals? We can fix that!

No, what you see going on here is hardly unique in our society. Lots of punishments being meted out today are far worse than the original crime. They like to call it a deterrent. But sometimes it just makes you sick when you hear the details of actual cases.

- Joel

Author: tomjet Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65236 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 9/8/2012 11:57 AM
There are two basic kinds of wrongs in what's called our common-law system of law: (i) crimes, and (ii) civil wrongs. Both kinds of wrongs can land the wrongdoer in court. A crime is charged, usually, when all of the elements of a particular statute prohibiting certain conduct are met: for instance, if a statute provides that a person who is under the age of 16 (Ohio's statute) may not consent to sexual relations, then an adult who has sex with a 15-year-old will be subject to a criminal trial and conviction, irrespective of that teenager's personal consent.

When a person such as a boss at work or a teacher in school has sex with a person who, in that state, is above the statutory age of consent, then depending on the facts and circumstances, a civil wrong may have been committed, e.g., sexual harassment, breach of fiduciary duty, or types of tortious abuse.

It is likely that in the state where this teacher had sex with her 18-year-old students, there was enacted a statute (by that state's legislature) that makes it a crime (whether a misdemeanor or felony would be spelled out in that statute) for pre-college teachers to have sexual relations with their students, no matter the age of the students.

Should it be charged as a crime? Evidently, that state thinks so.

In my view (and really, who cares what I think), what the teacher did was horrible, a great wrong and one that should result in the loss of her job and some kind of permanent injunctive relief barring her from teaching again. Should she go to jail? It depends . . . can't say, but doubtless the good folks of that state will figure out the right penalty.

Author: Rollomc Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65244 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 9/26/2012 7:53 PM
No. Afraid not. Instead I have tried to pass along all my favorite lessons. Thank goodness for eager learners!

Rollomc

Author: WileyCyote One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65266 of 65471
Subject: Re: Teacher had sex with 5 boys age 18. Crime? Date: 1/5/2013 2:38 PM
Where was this teacher when I was in high school??????

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement