Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jasonbarker Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 51309  
Subject: Team Loyalty Date: 9/23/2002 12:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 28
A Mets fan, a Braves fan, a Yankees fan and a Red Sox fan are climbing a mountain together. On the way to the top, each is arguing about how loyal they are to their team and what they would do for that team.

As the climb gets higher, the boasting increases. Upon reaching the top, the Mets fan shouts, "This is for the Mets!" and hurls himself off the top of the mountain. Next the Braves fan yells, "I love Atlanta... This is for you, Braves!" and he, too, jumps off the top.

Suddenly, the Red Sox fan screams, "This is for EVERYONE!" and pushes the Yankees fan off.

jason
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ibnana Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6444 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/23/2002 1:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
jason,

I love this timely little fable. I cross linked it to HURL so more people could see and enjoy it.

Carol

Author: TMFJokey Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6446 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/23/2002 1:58 PM

Suddenly, the Red Sox fan screams, "This is for EVERYONE!" and pushes the Yankees fan off.

The bitterness just consumes you after a while, doesn't it?

TMF Jokey

Author: mrbear102 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6447 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/23/2002 2:04 PM

TMF Jokey .......Go easy Jokey, after all they at least played good enough to come in second.....mrbear...Do they have trophies for second place, kind of like Little League.

Author: jasonbarker Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6448 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/23/2002 2:07 PM
Recommendations: 1

I don't know.

Ask a Red Sox fan.

jason

Author: SirYoda Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6455 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/23/2002 2:54 PM
-----------------------

My kind of fan! Thank you!

Yoda
*Waiting Once Again "Until Next Year!"
(Hey, the Patriots are 3 - 0!)*

Author: PAULTHENURSE Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6461 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/23/2002 8:41 PM
How bout them Jets?

J*E*T*S
JETS
JE---
J--
OH, Umm, Never Mind.

PTN

Author: fenway78 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6469 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/24/2002 11:01 AM
Recommendations: 8

ROFLMNHAO! C'mon Yankee fans - you gotta admit this is funny. And you guys can even AFFORD to laugh.

This especially struck me as just yesterday I was in the car with my son and two of his friends and we were discussing the end of the season. As it turned out, we each had a different favorite team, each of which are either definitely or pretty much done for the season: Red Sox (moi, of course), Dodgers (my son), Cubbies and the Mariners.

My son says, "Mom, the Sox are cursed. Give it up already."

Cubs fan says "So's my team."

Mariners fan says, "No, Red Sox are cursed, Cubs just suck!"

Hearing my cue ....

I began chanting "YANKEES SUCK" and ALL the boys chimed in immediately. Isn't baseball fun?

Fen :-)

Author: JLizNY Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6470 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/24/2002 11:32 AM
Recommendations: 2
Love it!

Check out my profile...

JLizNY :)

Author: mrbear102 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6471 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/24/2002 12:08 PM
In New England,in the Fall, the leaves aren't the only thing to drop.The harbinger of Autumn, as the Sox fans resolve to get us next year. A sad but pathetic, yet charming cry in the widerness. All those boys and girls left with empty voids in their souls, searching for understanding, and yet finding none.Their dusty, tear stained faces, although cherubic, utterly twisted in pain as their beloved Red Soxs leave them with only disappointment and the pathetic wails of Yankee hating.Spindry has been etched with the "Scarlet" letter and banished from the boards. PAULTHENURSE has retreated to Cape Cawd to find consolation in the endless waves lapping at eternity, only to later find out it's a dried up flounder.They will all spend their winters of discontent in plots and plans, hoping that this year they will overcome their degradation.So to all the runner ups of the world, "I salute you."Remember, hug your children,at bedtime, and reassure them, that, "We'll get 'em next year.....mrbear

Author: mjdonadio Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6472 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/24/2002 12:59 PM
Won't it be great to see the Yankees loose before they get to the World Series.

Here to a great 5 game series between A's and Yankees. :-P

How can the Yankees possibly think the series will go 7 with Mulder, Zito and Hudson. Ealr Weaver baseball(3-run HR) does not work against great pitching.

Author: NeedAName Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6474 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/24/2002 8:13 PM
How can the Yankees possibly think the series will go 7 with Mulder, Zito and Hudson. Ealr Weaver baseball(3-run HR) does not work against great pitching.

Yanks went 4-4 against Oakland in the regular season.

Hernandez over Hudson, April 23, 2-1 Yankees
Wells vs. Hiljus (won in relief), April 24, 8-5 Yankees
Zito over Mussina, April 25, 6-2 A's
Hiljus over Mussina, May 1, 4-1 A's
Clemens over Lidle, May 2, 9-2 Yankees
Hernandez/Weaver vs. Hudson (16 innings), August 9, 3-2 A's
Lidle over Wells, August 10, 8-0 A's
Mussina over Mulder, August 11, 8-5 Yankees

Yankees starters in those games: 3 wins, 3 losses, 2 ND's
A's starters in those games: 3 wins, 3 losses, 2 ND's

The Yankees didn't face the A's during their marathon winning streak, but who's to say there's not a cause-and-effect relationship there? I think it'll be a tight series if these two meet in the ALCS.

-Scott

Author: PAULTHENURSE Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6476 of 51309
Subject: Re: Team Loyalty Date: 9/25/2002 4:52 AM
PAULTHENURSE has retreated to Cape Cawd to find consolation in the endless waves lapping at eternity, only to later find out it's a dried up flounder.They will all spend their winters of discontent in plots and plans, hoping that this year they will overcome their degradation......mrbear

Melville, Steinbeck, Hemingway, Frost, mrbear102. I shudder to think of the next 'Great American Novel.' Sort of makes one appreciate illiteracy.
PTN

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement