Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RustyMath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39778  
Subject: Team Slogans Date: 7/5/2007 2:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does your team have a slogan? Some supposedly inspirational quip plastered all over posters, programs, and promotional items.

For the Kings in years past I've seen "Play Hard" which of course was bastardized by fans to "Play Harder - Please". I've also seen "Kings Rule!" and "Tough to Play Against".

The unofficial fan website had a contest asking for suggestions for this year's slogan. My contribution: "The best team that $10 million under the cap can buy." but the winner hands down: "When you suck hard you get a Hickey."

What's your team's slogan?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFAdmiral Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17331 of 39778
Subject: Re: Team Slogans Date: 7/5/2007 7:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Canucks recent advertising ends with

"We are all Canucks"

not too inspiring - I'll see if anything else is around

Regards
Philip

Author: tootru Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17332 of 39778
Subject: Re: Team Slogans Date: 7/5/2007 7:11 PM
Let's see ... in my memory it's been:

'02-03 - A Mighty Decade
'03-04 - I am a Mighty Duck (the ads for this were really funny)
'04-05 - SoCal Hockey
'05-06 - none that you'd notice
'06-07 - "HOLY SH&T! NIEDERMAYER AND PRONGER?"

Ok, for reals I think it was "Our House, Our Team"

Author: TMFJakeP Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17349 of 39778
Subject: Re: Team Slogans Date: 7/6/2007 1:44 PM
The only official one I can recall for the 'Canes: "Remember," from the '06 Cup run.

I've always been pretty fond of "Redneck Hockey," however. Might be one of the most enduring slogans in hockey history. (I'm kidding... sort of.)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement