No. of Recommendations: 2
Kudlow's Money Politic$
Pro-growth, strong defense, virtuous values, business, and stocks
Monday, February 12, 2007

No Surprise There
Matt Drudge linked to this story from The Arizona Republic with the following headline:

New wage boost puts squeeze on teenage workers across Arizona: Employers are cutting back hours, laying off young staffers
(The headline tells you all you really need to know.)
http://www.kudlowsmoneypolitics.blogspot.com/

I dined at McDonalds this morning 67th and Happy Valley Rd., Glendale, Arizona. Taking applications. Circle K next door, taking applications. Swimming pool supply shop, taking applications. Fry's Foods, taking applications. UPS store. Taking applications. The Taco Bell, taking applications. All above minimum wage, four had "Help Wanted" signs in the window, at one corner mall. No problem fnding minimum wage-style work in Arizona.

Now, Mr. Kudlow is a psuedo-scientist. An "economic scientist" as they sometimes absurdly call themselves. No marketable or useful skills whatsoever, obviously.

Nevertheless, I am prepared to offer Larry Kudlow a job, cutting my grass, at current Arizona minimum wage. It's all I can do.

Has there ever been a more pathetic bunch of faith-based demagogue hacks in the history of the United States of America than the Bush folks? A: No.

Alice: 'I don't believe there's an atom of meaning in it. ...

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement