No. of Recommendations: 0
telegraph wrote, If you have a separate IRA, that already existed in 2003, you can still make contributions in 2004 into that.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the IRA account does not have to exist in 2003 to make a 2003 contribution in 2004. It is possible to establish an account in 2004 and make both the 2003 and 2004 contributions.

The only guideline is that the 2003 contribution must be made prior to the tax filing deadline, excluding any extensions.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.