No. of Recommendations: 2
I started this Board but it never took off.

So I am going to use this Board to test Ted Warren investing methods.

I am using stock picks in The Investolator Newsletter plus it e-mail service.

One stock that The Investolator recommended was the Boston Beer Co. Inc. (SAM) The buy was a break above 10 which happen yesterday. I bought 100 shares at 10 today. The stock broke down this afternoon. The first day has not been favorable for this method.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
So far SAM has done OK even after a test at around 10 (my buy point) after the 9/11 disaster.

I posting another buy - SPAN

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=span&d=t

The newsletter had this stock and e-mail gave a buy signal yesterday but the stock when down to $5. I put in an order to buy 200 shares at $5.01 but the broker partially fill my order of buying only 100 shares at $5.01 this morning then the stock took off and close at $5.60. I will still keep the other order for the 100 shares open if it goes down again.
The Investolator had a special alert yesterday to be ready to sell Boston Beer (SAM) and then the e-mail that night stated to sell at 15.10. But it open below $14 today and stay below $14. Hmmmmmmm Everybody rushing to get out. I am going to wait and hope the price gets to least over $15. I guess if the e-mail service hints of selling get out quick.
The price of SAM broke out of three year base at $10. Ted Warren would say to expect a price increase of at least 200%, $30, so I am surprised that Matt recommended selling at $15. Maybe he used the rule: sell when the price rises fast on high volume. I did not sell since in the past I have sold stocks too quickly. I bought PNRA at $10 and sold at $20, it is now around $50 ;)

Good Luck,
John
selling pnra at $20 doesn't seem too rash; the present price is a baffler.
I wonder if Bob Evans (BOBE) is a good Ted Warren stock

The stock has been bouncing around 12 and low 20s for years for a good base. It appears that the stock has broken out. I bought 100 shares of BOBE at $24.90.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BOBE&d=c&t=my&l=on&z=b&q=l
The sell signals you referenced come about simply because a sell stop order was triggered.
Look at the chart and you will see a shakeout the same time as the sell recommendation.
This is just further manipulation and i do not lose my position.

BroadMeadow

On 1/22 bought 300 shares of PVAT at $2.91. Might be early - see if it breaks $3.

http://www.amex.com/indexshares/index_shares_sector.stm
I should have held since SAM is over 100. a A lot better than performance than the board market since 2001.
Are you still using this board? I am a big fan of TW and his methods. I am always looking at charts trying to find a good TW stock.
No I am not using this Board.

Actually I am not posting any more about TW anymore.

Maybe you can take over the Board.
Advertisement