UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Vulstock Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36  
Subject: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 7/17/2001 7:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I started this Board but it never took off.

So I am going to use this Board to test Ted Warren investing methods.

I am using stock picks in The Investolator Newsletter plus it e-mail service.

One stock that The Investolator recommended was the Boston Beer Co. Inc. (SAM) The buy was a break above 10 which happen yesterday. I bought 100 shares at 10 today. The stock broke down this afternoon. The first day has not been favorable for this method.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Vulstock Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 10/10/2001 8:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So far SAM has done OK even after a test at around 10 (my buy point) after the 9/11 disaster.

I posting another buy - SPAN

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=span&d=t

The newsletter had this stock and e-mail gave a buy signal yesterday but the stock when down to $5. I put in an order to buy 200 shares at $5.01 but the broker partially fill my order of buying only 100 shares at $5.01 this morning then the stock took off and close at $5.60. I will still keep the other order for the 100 shares open if it goes down again.

Author: Vulstock Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 12/13/2001 7:28 PM
The Investolator had a special alert yesterday to be ready to sell Boston Beer (SAM) and then the e-mail that night stated to sell at 15.10. But it open below $14 today and stay below $14. Hmmmmmmm Everybody rushing to get out. I am going to wait and hope the price gets to least over $15. I guess if the e-mail service hints of selling get out quick.

Author: a72849 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 12/14/2001 10:57 PM
The price of SAM broke out of three year base at $10. Ted Warren would say to expect a price increase of at least 200%, $30, so I am surprised that Matt recommended selling at $15. Maybe he used the rule: sell when the price rises fast on high volume. I did not sell since in the past I have sold stocks too quickly. I bought PNRA at $10 and sold at $20, it is now around $50 ;)

Good Luck,
John

Author: aberatsa One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 12/22/2001 10:04 PM
selling pnra at $20 doesn't seem too rash; the present price is a baffler.

Author: Vulstock Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 12/31/2001 1:35 PM
I wonder if Bob Evans (BOBE) is a good Ted Warren stock

The stock has been bouncing around 12 and low 20s for years for a good base. It appears that the stock has broken out. I bought 100 shares of BOBE at $24.90.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BOBE&d=c&t=my&l=on&z=b&q=l

Author: BroadMeadow One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 1/11/2002 10:02 AM
The sell signals you referenced come about simply because a sell stop order was triggered.
Look at the chart and you will see a shakeout the same time as the sell recommendation.
This is just further manipulation and i do not lose my position.

BroadMeadow

Author: Vulstock Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 1/23/2002 1:53 AM
On 1/22 bought 300 shares of PVAT at $2.91. Might be early - see if it breaks $3.

http://www.amex.com/indexshares/index_shares_sector.stm

Author: Vulstock Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 6/3/2012 8:39 AM
I should have held since SAM is over 100. a A lot better than performance than the board market since 2001.

Author: tkon403 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 1/6/2014 7:20 PM
Are you still using this board? I am a big fan of TW and his methods. I am always looking at charts trying to find a good TW stock.

Author: Vulstock Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36 of 36
Subject: Re: Testing Ted Warren's methods Date: 1/9/2014 7:02 AM
No I am not using this Board.

Actually I am not posting any more about TW anymore.

Maybe you can take over the Board.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement