UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956694  
Subject: Texas explosion Date: 4/22/2013 9:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
"NEW YORK (Reuters) - The fertilizer plant that exploded on Wednesday, obliterating part of a small Texas town and killing at least 14 people, had last year been storing 1,350 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that would normally trigger safety oversight by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Yet a person familiar with DHS operations said the company that owns the plant, West Fertilizer, did not tell the agency about the potentially explosive fertilizer as it is required to do, leaving one of the principal regulators of ammonium nitrate - which can also be used in bomb making - unaware of any danger there.
Fertilizer plants and depots must report to the DHS when they hold 400 lb (180 kg) or more of the substance. Filings this year with the Texas Department of State Health Services, which weren't shared with DHS, show the plant had 270 tons of it on hand last year.
A U.S. congressman and several safety experts called into question on Friday whether incomplete disclosure or regulatory gridlock may have contributed to the disaster."

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-fertilizer-company-didnt-heed-di...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872474 of 1956694
Subject: Re: Texas explosion Date: 4/22/2013 10:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This is easy to explain.

After listening to their Governor, the owners of West Fertilizer thought obeying Federal law was optional. In fact being avid reader's of the PA righties, the owneres of West Fertilizer believed ALL FEDERAL LAWs are unconstitutional on their face.

Live Free or Die boys and don't mess with Texas. Don't send them a penny in federal Aid, either.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872478 of 1956694
Subject: Re: Texas explosion Date: 4/22/2013 10:37 AM
Recommendations: 0
"...Filings this year with the Texas Department of State Health Services, which weren't shared with DHS, show the plant had 270 tons of it on hand last year.
A U.S. congressman and several safety experts called into question on Friday whether incomplete disclosure or regulatory gridlock may have contributed to the disaster."

Well obviously Democrats hate government and really do not want it to work.

If they did not hate government then it would work better, it is all a Democratic plan to do something or the other -- I guess it is another thing they co-opted from the Bush administration, for we knew when Dems took control government would become perfect, because they trusted it and wanted it to work.

So obviously Obama is a closet Republican, my God Peter is right!!!!!

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872483 of 1956694
Subject: Re: Texas explosion Date: 4/22/2013 10:49 AM
Recommendations: 1
"Seek help. You really need someone competent to handle your affairs.
"

If there was ever an epitome of an irony, this is it!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement