UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: IchimokuMentor Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1193  
Subject: TFSA Question Date: 4/28/2011 3:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I had a TFSA that I cashed out as I moved back to the states for a few months. Now back in Canada, is there anything preventing me from opening up another TFSA in the same fiscal year? Will this look odd to the CRA?

http://budurl.com/khqa
Print the post Back To Top
Author: IKan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1185 of 1193
Subject: Re: TFSA Question Date: 5/15/2011 3:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Now back in Canada, is there anything preventing me from opening up another TFSA in the same fiscal year? Will this look odd to the CRA?

Nothing odd that I am aware of. I have read of people with more than one TFSA account.

You can open as many TFSA accounts as you like.
However, you can only contribute up to the max of $5,000 per year, once, total sum of all accounts.

One thing to be mindful of is if you contributed $5,000 in January 2011 then you cannot contribute one more penny until 2012. In 2012 you will also be able to re-contribute any moneys that you withdrew previously.

IKan

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement