Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Couldn't wait for Saturday to come this week.

I have been working like a dog. Several of the attorneys at work were not able to work, either because they had no power at home or they were staying elsewhere or their school-age children were home with them. So the few of us who were working from home were bombarded with work.

The office was closed due to the loss of electricity in the city below 34th Street. However, power was restored last night so the office will be open on Monday. I usually work from home on Monday but probably will go the office.

I was so tired last evening that I went to sleep around 9:30 (and had to force myself to stay awake that long!) So this morning I was awake very early but stayed in bed until 7:30 or so. I have no plans for the weekend (other than about 45 minutes of work I agreed to do) and am grateful for that.

Also glad that we put the clocks back an hour tonight! But not so happy that sunset will be at 4:48 on Sunday. :( From now until December 20/21, we lose a minute or so of sunlight every day. :(

I was glad that they finally cancelled the Marathon but it's too bad they waited so long as many folks arrived here yesterday for the race. (And then it was cancelled.) So I'm sure they're disappointed. It also means the loss of a substantial amount of revenue which is badly needed right now. But I can understand how folks without homes or with badly damaged homes or with no power or water or heat, etc. would not be thrilled about the Marathon taking place.

It's only 10 AM and I'm thinking that today might be one of the handful of days in my life thus far that I will actually take a nap in the afternoon!

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.