UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rookieJoe Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75379  
Subject: Re: New passive investor looking 4 strategy crit Date: 2/6/2004 10:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
t>> Most people aren't going to 'buy' insurance in any form for 'totalling' a car within a year

I hope your're right. But they (Saturn dealership) tried to sell it to me. I was polite about it, but nothing more. They had already tried to increase the purchase price 1k over what we agreed. That was when I was rude.

t>> tell them I'll buy a Honda because they never break.... ho ho (not true) but it is good anti-car salemen ammo....

t>> Best yet is to pay cash for your next car..then you don't have to worry about financing at all!....

t>> My first used 3 year old car was financed....paid off in 1 year....second car was half financed (1 year old used).....3rd car was bought for cash, 7 years after I graduated from college..not married with kids, so that makes a difference.....

Yeah.. Car salesmen are fun to play with. I read a book "What Car Dealers Don't Want You to Know" It was really good. You might like it.

My first 3 cars I paid cash for (I fixed them up and sold 2 of them for more than I paid). The 4th (first one I financed) was a totaled 95 civic I bought in 98. I put it back together, and it will turn 190k in a week or so. I do all the routine maintenance, and the only non-scheduled items were the CV shafts and battery. Its still on the original clutch. Gotta Love Honda! Got the 5th (the new one that is still financed) for my wife so there would be room for kids.

-Joe
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement