No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you receive a W2 from the company for which you serve as officers? If so, look at block 1, and from this, subtract anything in block 11. Assuming you are not drawing unemployement or disability insurance payments, this should be the amount of earned income you have available to contribute to your IRA (traditional and Roth)

If you are self-employed, look at line 31 of your schedule C. You can make an IRA contribution from this, or use it to calculate how much of a contribution you can make to your self-employement retirement plan, should you have one.

You will have to do this for 2007, as it is too late to contribute to your Roth for 2006

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.