Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: brie8a Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19224  
Subject: Re: TMFPixy's November 13 Wakeup Call Date: 11/14/2000 7:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you! After reading Pixy's article, I decided to come to the board and post a bit of a comment: Although his numbers and statistics are accurate, there was none of what I have found most energizing and exciting about the Fool, and that is a detailed call to action. I know the numbers, as most of us fairly educated and concerned people do, and I gravitate to the Fool to hear comments and suggestions on what can be DONE to improve my financial situation. I love to hear of the successes and failures of ACTIONS taken by fellow Fools, and dread hearing a simple complaint. I say thank you because I found your comments actionable, and I also found them to be only ones thus far (I haven't come close to reading all posts on this subject yet) that were even close to positive. Speaking as a single woman who makes under 40 thousand, I can attest to the fact that we are capable of elevating ourselves, and we are far more than the weak minded and fearful people that the NEFE report suggests. In all fairness to Pixy, I definitely feel that he is of the same opinion as I am, he just fell a bit short of stating it.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement