UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TwinFather One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308362  
Subject: Re: 25 Pct APR May Force Me Into Debt Mgt Date: 1/8/2001 9:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you all for even more great advice -- as I expected.

Hi again to SpeleoFool. I have been lurking around all year. After I got my debt under control, I switched over to the budgeting board for a while as I tuned my budget. Yet, I has probably been since March when I posted my last message.

I will be checking out my Credit Union. Last I checked, their standard offerings had limit on a line of credit or unsecured personal loan at $3500. Anything larger was some form of home equity line. I already have one of those with no desire to increase it. Maybe I will be able to work something out if I talk to some one in person. We shall see.

As for other existing accounts, I have a First Union card with 10k on it at 13.5% with another $11k available. I actually looked at transfering a chunk of my F-Usa balance recently. Yet, First Union wanted 3% for the transfer and had no promotions available. I have since closed this account because I didn't like the latest change in terms.

First Union sold their accounts to MBNA who promptly raised my rates by two points and unbound the rate from Prime. Up until then, this acount was my favorite to which I had consolidatated many others over time.

I also have this Wachovia card which is my forth and final card with a balance. I had a zero balance on this card when I went through my troubled period. Later, though, Wachovia was the one to which I tranfered most of my Citibank balance when they wouldn't play ball. However, Wachovia closed my account shortly after that when they saw what had happened with my other cards eventhough I never missed a payment with them. Yet, now that I have had a clean record for a year maybe they might reconsider as well.

I may have a couple of others still open. I will have to dig back in my files to see what I can turn up.

I will let you you all know if I figure out a solution. The creative juices are definitely flowing again. Thanks again all.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement