UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: czarinav Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 578  
Subject: Re: More grieving Date: 12/4/2010 11:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses.

I am trying to work with the positives. DD's injury has turned her into a very negative person, who balks at the various possibilities that I uncover. I find that it helps if I introduce something, and then bring it up again and again, to get her used to the idea.

Ralph, your situation with your son is something I have been looking for here in California, and cannot find. What is your home state? I heard that kind of facility with social security paying was available in Washington state, for example.

My DD is on SSI not Soc Sec Disability....fewer resources as far as I can tell.(Prior to her brain injury, she was physically ill for many years and did not have enough SS quarters to be covered.)

I am looking into residential possibilities because I know I cannot keep up the pace required for her care. Breaks my heart, but sooner or later she will be totally without any family resources, and I must prepare both her and myself for that.

In the meantime, I am trying to keep the 14 year old on an even keel. He is hurting.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement