Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: alphab One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 123037  
Subject: Re: Form TDF 90-22.1/ Resident Alien Date: 1/24/2002 9:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you all very much, in particular AMOOSE.

As it happens, I arrived here in March last year. I will therefore have to complete my return as a dual status resident. Being a British citizen and still having a few bank accounts and other incomes there (on which I have paid or am paying taxes to the UK Inland Revenue), am I covered under any dual taxation treaty? I was going to complete my return using Turbotax, but would certainly use an expert for help and advice to be safe. Where can I find one? A gentleman at a local H&R block office says he knows about NR matters and how to treat foreign incomes, but how can I be sure and can he represent me at the IRS if necessary?

I would appreciate any suggestions you may be able to offer.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Why Companies Buy Back Shares
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.