UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MrCheeryO Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734383  
Subject: Thank you, Barack Date: 3/20/2013 11:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
For putting an end to all the poppycock and malarkey about how you are not a great friend and benefactor of Israel. They love you in the Jewish state.

It was my great pleasure to pay my income taxes today. I know you will only use it with the greatest of care, in a wise and thrifty manner, as you always have. If you need more money just ask and I will be ready with the check book.

I remain your humble and obedient servant of the state,

MrCheeryO.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675354 of 734383
Subject: Re: Thank you, Barack Date: 3/20/2013 5:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I remain your humble and obedient servant of the state,

MrCheeryO.

What a tool!

Metal

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675358 of 734383
Subject: Re: Thank you, Barack Date: 3/20/2013 6:04 PM
Recommendations: 1
Metal, don't forget we're conducting an extinction experiment on the PA morons.

Extinction Burst
http://razzycorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/extinction-burst.htm...

Today we are going to tackle one of the most important concepts when it comes to behavior modification, extinction bursts.

Here's the wikipedia explanation of an extinction burst: While extinction, when implemented consistently over time, results in the eventual decrease of the undesired behavior, in the near-term the subject might exhibit what is called an extinction burst. An extinction burst will often occur when the extinction procedure has just begun. This consists of a sudden and temporary increase in response frequency, followed by the eventual decline and extinction of the behavior targeted for elimination.

Ok, now what exactly does that mean? Basically it means that when you are trying to decrease the frequency of a behavior, things will actually get worse before they get better. It makes sense when you think about it. Why would a child just willingly give up the small amount of control they have in their lives? (That's pretty much what most problem behaviors are; an attempt to control things). We can't expect them to give up without a fight, but if we stick to our guns and show them that this old way of behaving isn't going to work anymore, they will eventually give up the old behavior.

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675366 of 734383
Subject: Re: Thank you, Barack Date: 3/20/2013 7:04 PM
Recommendations: 2
Metal, don't forget we're conducting an extinction experiment on the PA morons

I look at it as children wanting attention. Negative attention is better than none at all, so our "guests" say stupid stuff in hopes of getting a reaction.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675371 of 734383
Subject: Re: Thank you, Barack Date: 3/20/2013 7:51 PM
Recommendations: 20
so our "guests" say stupid stuff in hopes of getting a reaction.

I guess that is possible, but I go with Occam on this one

My assumption is they say stupid stuff due to the fact they are stupid.

Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675398 of 734383
Subject: Re: Thank you, Barack Date: 3/21/2013 9:44 AM
cc
Metal, don't forget we're conducting an extinction experiment on the PA morons.

Extinction Burst

My bad. I'm way behind on reading threads and have hundreds that I have not yet read. Must have missed that.

Metal

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675594 of 734383
Subject: Re: Thank you, Barack Date: 3/22/2013 9:53 PM
Recommendations: 2
It was my great pleasure to pay my income taxes today. I know you will only use it with the greatest of care, in a wise and thrifty manner, as you always have. If you need more money just ask and I will be ready with the check book.

LOL. If you want to throw your money away, knock yourself out.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement