UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: psamtani One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8750  
Subject: Re: My DG Portfolio - Work in Progress Date: 2/21/2013 7:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback!

rnam, I do own a small position in WMT in my current portfolio, but I didn't consider adding to it for my DG retirement portfolio because I wasn't too sure if a retail stock is something I can own and hold indefinitely? But the dividend growth rates you mention are very appealing indeed. I will look into it. Thank you.

tjscott0, it's funny you suggest PM instead of MO (someone else mentioned the very same thing to me recently for the same reason you site). I have MO on my list because I already own it and I figure it's easier to add to an existing position. But perhaps I'll consider a 50/50 stake in each?

brucedoe, I was uncertain re your post until TMFMurph clarified it :)

TMFMurph, I own KMP in a taxable account. I'll look into KMR. Thank you. Re healthcare, I agree with you. I own PFE in my current portfolio (I've owned it for over 10 years); I know it no longer qualifies as a DG stock since the company suspended/cut their dividends a few years ago (which is why I didn't include it on my list). I'm hesitant re HCN because it only shows up on David Fish's CCC list with a dividend growth history of 6 years. Any other healthcare DG stock suggestions are welcome and appreciated (ones with a strong track record for dividend payments and growth)? I own DEO in my current portfolio, but I didn't consider it for my DG portfolio because it doesn't show up on Dave Fish's CCC list (I only want stocks in my DG portfolio which have a proven history of dividend payments and dividend growth, while simultaneously being able to maintain or grow their value over long periods of time; DEO may qualify for the later, but does it meet the criteria for the former)?

BruceCM, I think your post deserves a separate response (this is already getting too long :) Later tonight or tomorrow.

Wradical (Bill), I considered WAG and MMM (they are both Champions on David Fish's CCC list). Full disclosure, in addition to reading the posts on this board and the Seeking Alpha articles posted by TMFMurph, I also bought the "Top 40 Dividend Growth Stocks 2013" ebook from David Van Knapp's website. MMM was dropped from his list this year and I believe WAG was low on his list based on the point system he uses? I know they are still worthy DG stocks, and if I stretch my DG portfolio to 20-25 stocks, I will certainly consider them again.

Best,
psamtani
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Motley Fool Income Investor
Are you a dividend-savvy investor? Check out our Income Investor newsletter.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement