UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 884518  
Subject: Re: OT - recommend posts Date: 3/24/2013 7:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

You get 30 recs a day IIRC, but they give you a countdown just for the last 10.

I read dozens of boards... so I wish people would be more generous with their recs. I rec posts because I agree with them, because they are well written (even if I disagree), because they bring facts or interesting opinions to light of which I was previously unaware, or to express support when someone's having a hard time. Or because the post got me to do further research.

I have a similar policy and also wish others did too. But the few times I've encouraged people to be less stingy with their daily allotment of recs I get replies claiming recs aren't everything etc. etc.

The point, in my not so humble opinion, is that someone took the time and trouble to bring information to you (us) when they didn't have to.

I guess some people just feel they have a right to be entertained and to criticize the efforts of others. These people are particularly tiresome/irksome when they fail to bring anything to the conversation other than their criticism.

Desert (The world's greatest excuse pales in the face of mediocre performance.) Dave
-- (Quotation, with attribution, permitted and encouraged.)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement