Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you for that. Mrs. Goofy saw it (I thought it was mushrooms, but then I didn't have my glasses with me) and freaked out, and then so did I. It's a gooey, black, ruin-the-carpet kind of mold that no amount of scrubbing will get rid of.

I have cut out the 2 inch strip along one wall and will replace with wooden floor molding. The other section, where the slide operates, I have cut out the entire 6"x6" carpet and found a patch piece on the sidewall by the driver, which I can replace with material I have previously used to overwrap the curtain valences (after a different roof leak.) If I didn't find that one, I could have chopped carpet from under either of the two vanities i nthe bedroom, the bureau in the livingroom, or I could have gotten a huge piece by rolling the couch forward and cutting away most of what nobody ever sees anyway.

I'm a bit worried about the piece right next to the slide, because it has stresses each time the slide rolls open, but that's life. In order to get under and repair it properly you have to take the slide completely out (fork-lift) and that's not gonna happen. (That's why replacing the carpet is so expensive - it's not the carpet, it's the labor. And for some reason they tell me they have to lift all the cabinets and drivers and passenger chair as well, they can't just "cut it in", which I don't fully understand, but it's their repair shop(s) (I asked at two) not mine.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement