UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: frankder Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 189632  
Subject: Re: Access 2010 aggravation Date: 12/7/2012 12:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thank you for your help so far, but our wants and needs are really very simple. I can look at the Christmas list database with all the records, ready to print labels. The problem is database is out of date and needs to be edited. Over in the top left corner of the Access page, right under the File tab, I find View, And Can Get a Choice of Report View, Print Preview, Layout View, And Design View. Well, I can't do any editing in report view or print preview or design view or layout view. Layout view sounds like it has possibilities for me, but all it seems to do is to modify the structure of the database. In that upper left-hand corner under the drafting board picture is view, then a little downward pointing arrow head and then views, which does not respond to left-hand clicking. I suspect that Datasheet View, which is what I want, is available under Views. Searching for help on "DATASHEET VIEW" brings up all sorts of interesting articles, but I don't need to know how to create databases. All I want to be able to do is edit the database I have. So, all I want for Christmas is the ability to edit my Access 2010 database. Can you help?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement