Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you Phil And Ira for your condolences and advise. I Had talked with an old lawyer friend before she died and although it was not his specialty, he said that under the circumstances, the only way there would be probate was if I refused to pay the nursing home and then they would have to initiate it. Her only other assets were a $1000 life insurance policy and a checking account with about $500.

Up to now at least, both my and my mother's taxes have been very simple. I used Turbo Tax. Are the taxes really going to be that more complicated? Compared to some of the postings I have read, my situation seems pretty straightforward. I have been told that H&R Block doesn't really give much advise. What kind of professional should I be talking to and where should I be looking for them, Yellow Pages?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.