Thanks a lot for the replies, but perhaps I didn't ask my question correctly.Yes, we plan to continue the 401K plan through Fidelity (as long as my wife works at her current job)...but my question was should we keep our current fund selections/allocations: 22.45% FA SMALL CAP A 21.01% NB GENESIS - ADV CL 18.00% FA FREEDOM 2040 A 17.95% DREYFUS S&P 500 INDX 15.87% FA MID CAP A 4.73% FA INTERM BOND A -----------------------------------------Or move the majority (if not all) our funds into the FA INTERM BOND A fund which is seeing at least a small positive growth?We had 27K, now after last years negative drops we're looking at 19K...so would it be better to keep buying shares each month in the above funds even though they're sinking further and further OR should I protect as much of the remaining 19K and move it into the much safer Bond fund?Does that make sense?Yes, we still will continue to contribute into the 401 account, and yes I'm aware that there are no guarantees in predicting the future. I'm just looking for advice from those much more experienced than I in investing...should we stay in the more risky fund selections since we've stayed there this far or should we move our funds into a safer location but lose the shares we accrued in those other accounts?I hope that is a bit clearer of a question, I'm sorry if my OP was confusing or not clear :)Thank you all again for any & all suggestions!Best Regards,Stu
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar<