No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks Again, FW.

Mini-Update:
I called the agency & left a message stating my inability to obtain financing, requested a statement of my account & gradual payment arrangements. In response, Mr. Collection left me a message saying I was mistaken; the FULL amt was due and I could not pay gradually.

I asked the Can. Std Federation about this. They advised that although the full loan amt is due, agencies are legally obligated to offer/enter into a payment agreement with the ower if they cannot pay in full @ once, especially with large amts. Therefore, if he still insists on full amt when tell him this, it would warrant a full complaint from the federation to the govt. on my behalf. They do this to curb undue harassment/intimidation by collectors. Apparently, this has led to collectors losing their licenses in some cases.

I've since called Mr collector again and left him another message reiterating my inability to pay in full and my awareness of his legal obligations. I just want to be able to settle and start paying it off...
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement