UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12880  
Subject: Thanks Bill!! NO on 32! Date: 10/10/2012 8:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Today President Bill Clinton sent a loud and clear message to California voters today by appearing before an enthusiastic crowd at a No On 32 rally in Davis.

As Super PACs and corporate special interests line up to pour money into the dishonest campaign for Prop 32, President Clinton joins organizations like the League of Women Voters, The Sierra Club, and Planned Parenthood in speaking out against the dangerous and one-sided measure.

http://www.stopspecialexemptions.org/updates/clinton
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12759 of 12880
Subject: Re: Thanks Bill!! NO on 32! Date: 10/10/2012 9:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
President Bill Clinton

I don't think his position on this issue surprises anyone - I wonder what his speaking fee was...

As Super PACs and corporate special interests line up to pour money into the dishonest campaign for Prop 32</>

What is surprising though, is that rhetoric like "line up to pour money into" is at all taken seriously when the target is getting outspent 5-to-1 ($45 mil to $9 mil as of 10/1). Since RustyMath posted his link on 9/17, the intervening two weeks saw all of $200,000 donated to Yes, while $8 freaking million was donated to No. That's 40-to-1! And the Yes side are the ones "lining up to pour money into" the campaign? <eyeroll>

Where are the Prop 32 opponents getting all this money, I wonder?

JT,
wait, no I don't

Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12760 of 12880
Subject: Re: Thanks Bill!! NO on 32! Date: 10/11/2012 11:07 AM
Ack - formatting fail, what I get for not previewing...

President Bill Clinton

I don't think his position on this issue surprises anyone - I wonder what his speaking fee was...

As Super PACs and corporate special interests line up to pour money into the dishonest campaign for Prop 32

What is surprising though, is that rhetoric like "line up to pour money into" is at all taken seriously when the target is getting outspent 5-to-1 ($45 mil to $9 mil as of 10/1). Since RustyMath posted his link on 9/17, the intervening two weeks saw all of $200,000 donated to Yes, while $8 freaking million was donated to No. That's 40-to-1! And the Yes side are the ones "lining up to pour money into" the campaign? <eyeroll>

Where are the Prop 32 opponents getting all this money, I wonder?

JT,
wait, no I don't

Author: 1RoyalFlush One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12768 of 12880
Subject: Re: Thanks Bill!! NO on 32! Date: 10/27/2012 7:29 AM
And the Yes side are the ones "lining up to pour money into" the campaign? <eyeroll>

As of October 24th, contributions to NO on Prop 32 have reached $61,000,000. Close to $21,000,000 from CTA. Very interesting to see where the money's coming from on both sides of the issue.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/the_state_worker/2012/10/union-contr...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement