Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57310  
Subject: Re: Update on "Bad news.." Date: 12/5/2012 6:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Thanks Blackduff,
I am recovering from all the huggs I got earlier as I write'

I enjoyed the Thoreau quotation

I'm being as positive as I can and decided to use some of the old

"every day in every way..." psychology.

Awoke today with flurries of snow coming from the North and they have continued intermittently all day. In my current state I’m glad I am not an outdoor worker.

“In my current state” needs a bit of explanation.

Well since the chemo started the worst general problem has been hiccoughs (latest attack lasting three and a half hours). OK a lack of energy and drive to do things not 100% altogether but less discomfort, more mobility and stricter compliance with the timing of all the concurrent medication.

The thing that has changed is my hair line.

Since one thing most people fear is hair loss and going bald I thought I would embrace the fear and shave my head. That way each day as it grows back I will look better and embrace it as a reverse psychology sign of healing and regrowth.

The beard I have had since I was 17 is gone and MDW Ann says it is the biggest change. Of course I got my usual Internet sign off “Ez” engraved on the back of my head before it was too short. Photographs have been taken, but not uploaded as the cable is at home.

As it was being cut by my wife I noticed I was sitting next to a painting by V van Gough and remember hoping that it was not going to be too appropriate.

In deference to my daughters wishes I left the eyebrows intact but this has not spared me from comparisons with Uncle Festus Adams , the good looking one from the Flying Pickets”. Ann really misses the beard.

My hairdresser used to be David Aston, the trainer for the UK’s National Hairdressing Federations Team and he asked me to be a model on several occasions as I had a good shaped head for competition modelling, so I thought I’d suit bald, nothing worse than a badly shaped bald head (he says risking offending unseen readers)

Thank goodness the beard will be recognisably back in 3 or 4 weeks as it grows very rampantly.

A cold Wednesday night is expected with heavy frost and -6 deg expected but hopefully warming up for Friday as the wind veers from the North to the warmer west with a little bit of Fohn wind effect from the Pennines added in.

So maybe A friend who is flying in for a visit from Spain will make it, looking forward to seeing him again, I look forward to this as we have a lot of history and I owe him a lot.

Plans not fully finalised if he takes up my offer of staying in the appartmentss spare double bed I'll have to miss the last pre-Christmas Tango Milonga at the hub on the quayside.
We have been the last two weeks for Ann to Dance and me to watch, Therre is another Milonga on Saturday held by the recently married professional dancers who performed at my party, Guillermo Torrens and Maria . http://www.tangounlimited.co.uk/

I hope they allrecognise me!

Cheers,

€z
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement