Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks - can she recover the taxes which have been withheld as a credit on her tax return? Also, is it the case that she will also avoid the 10% premature distribution penaly if she deposits the 10% withheld by the end of the 60 day window?

<<Is there anyway to fix this error either now or on her tax return?
She can make up the 10% withheld herself by adding an an equal amount to
her Roth but being sure to characterize it as a rollover contribution.
This needs to be done within the 60 day time limit of her original
rollover date.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.