UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (75) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Shirtless1 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Re: Capital One Never Stops Date: 4/27/2006 3:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Thanks DeltaOne81 and Nancy for the great responses.

These links are terrific. I will save them for the future.

I wrote my own letters already though, of course not as professional and legal sounding as those, but they were clear and to the point. Three went to 3 collection agencies over a year ago (how 3 got involved I don't know). Two of the 3 closed the matter, and sent me a response to that effect. The last started reporting me as "in collection" only after they got my letter. I wonder if sending them the letter was my mistake as they then knew of my existence and like the Borg will never relent. At least for 7 1/2 years.

I have just yesterday sent letter to initiate an inquiry into the debt through the collection agencies. Perhaps they will resolve it to my satisfaction and all my fury that I should have to do such a thing will pass and I'll recognize that this is just the way our flawed system works. If they do not, I am the kind of anal retentive type who will fight back with them. I found a link in there too to an ebook on suing the credit reporting agencies.

Maybe this will all make an activist of me and I'll dedicate the next decade of my life to credit reporting reform and start organizing the million credit consumers' march.

Shirtless1
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (75) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement