Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Thanks everyone for the replies. I ended up calling the IRS help line when I had some free time. I had read the same instructions and it doesn't tell you what the 'appropriate forms and schedules' are. It turns out for my return that the change was due to an extra 1099-INT. Since my total interest income was below $400 I don't have to attach anything. Had it been greater I would have had to attach a copy of the new 1099-INT.

btw I didn't file a Sched. B.

The guy on the phone said that they change these rules all the time, so this may not be the same for next year.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.