Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dedik One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19372  
Subject: Thanks fellow fools Date: 2/19/2003 6:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
I just wanted to say that the discussion boards on the fool are by far the most educational sources of information on the web. I truly do find that reading through the various discussion boards here on the fool makes the $29.95/year fee seem like an absolute bargin. I'm 29 years old and about 3 years ago I came to a realization; that realization was that I had virtually no net-worth what-so-ever and wasn't gaining ground very quickly with my bad spending habits and even worse savings habits. Then I found the fool, it's been my beacon of hope ever since.

Since I found the fool, I've paid off two vehicles, greatly reduced my debt and began funding my 401K the maximum that my employeer would allow which has me putting in the maximum allowed by the government each year. I'd just like to thank all of you on the fool for sharing your knowledge and life experiences, whether good or bad. It's evident that we can all share and learn together.

I decided to post this on the retirement board because this is the board I spend most of my time on (as a lurker). Simply reading through the wealth of information that you all provide. Someday down the road when my hum-drum, work-a-day lifestyle takes a turn towards a better tomorrow (otherwise known as retirement!), I'll think of all the information from this board and those who posted it. Thanks a million!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hotfoot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8357 of 19372
Subject: Re: Thanks fellow fools Date: 2/19/2003 7:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Glad you like it.

The price just jumped to around 60.00.
H.

Author: Linne Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8358 of 19372
Subject: Re: Thanks fellow fools Date: 2/19/2003 8:16 PM
The price just jumped to around 60.00.

I just clicked on the Renew Your Membership (to the right) and here's what it said:

The Motley Fool Community (Tri-annual), $75.00*
The Motley Fool Community (Annual), $29.95*
The Motley Fool Community (Monthly), $4.95*

I think the $60 option is for more services.

Author: billjam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8359 of 19372
Subject: Re: Thanks fellow fools Date: 2/20/2003 9:18 AM
A few weeks ago MF was playing around with a variety of prices trying to see how much they could get people to pay. Some were over $100. Active discussion of this over on REHP board. Lots of pissed off people and many said they would not renew if price increased.

Bill

Author: hotfoot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8361 of 19372
Subject: Re: Thanks fellow fools Date: 2/20/2003 4:09 PM
A few weeks ago MF was playing around with a variety of prices trying to see how much they could get people to pay. Some were over $100. Active discussion of this over on REHP board. Lots of pissed off people and many said they would not renew if price increased.

I think I got caught in the trap.
Will check it out and report back.
Thanks,
H.

Author: hotfoot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8362 of 19372
Subject: Re: Thanks fellow fools Date: 2/20/2003 7:24 PM
I think I got caught in the trap.
Will check it out and report back.

Appears there was some confusion -- the rate of 59.95 is now for three years and I have accepted that.
H.

Author: hotfoot Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8363 of 19372
Subject: Re: Thanks fellow fools Date: 2/20/2003 7:30 PM
Here's the EMail statement for the record!

At the time $59.95 was the price for the tri annual, or three years. So, you did pay $59.95, but you did get three years of membership.

H.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement