Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for all the help, Fools, your feedback has been helpful, please share suggestions if you have any. To clear up the confusion: my compensation from tommy hilfiger was supposed to be based on sales performance. I was told I underperformed, so I did not get the money. The reason the IRS says I owe them money is because tommy sent them the 1099-MISC stating they paid $2000. I'm not sure whether I should ask for the compensation that Tommy never paid to me or if I should ask them to correct the 1099. I know that I don't owe exactly $2000 to IRS, but after interest, that's how much I owe after rounding. I'm not telling you the exact numbers for privacy reasons. Not because I don't trust you Fools, but because I don't trust Big Brother.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.