Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for all the ideas.

Traditional Meat Mixture - 2 parts beef 1 part pork (for you Italian meatloaf use Italian Sausage for the pork)

Actually this is how my mother always made the meatloaf. <G> If I had gone shopping specifically to make Meatloaf I most likely would have bought Italian Sausage or pork to put in it. Mom used to use whichever she had handy. Great minds and all that.

As to the vegtables in the meatloaf...I used to have a great recipe for a meatloaf that we called Vetable Meatloaf (never wrote it down and haven't made it in over 20 yrs). I may try to recreate it. I do remember that it had celery, carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, and I think potatoes in it. We had a big food grinder that I used to grind all the vegtables together (I'm sure I could use a food processor) then add them to the hamburg mix together and add spices that you like. I normally added only a little salt and pepper to this one. I don't remember addding anything else...I do recall loving it. (I hated eating plain vegtables and thought this was a great way to get them.)

StarWarrior-Rie
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement