No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I am just a neighbor and I make a few suggestions and then hope they do it. The sister who won't sign off on the other sister being the executor is a low-life person, with borderliune mental problems, and she won't listen to reason whatsoever. Apparently she spends her days drinking, from what I am told. I spoke to my neighbor and told her they need to petition the court. She said "she would look into it." The more I think about it, there is some maniac logic going on here that I am probably not aware of. I think the neighbor I know is wanting some (or all) of the estate, but is not smart enough to see that you have to "settle" the estate by paying back taxes, and such. Unfortunately I don't know if the neighbor I know is clueless, or if they have a bad attorney who doesn't explain this to them. Anyway, I just wanted to know for my own info, if there was something that could be done. Hopefully they will call the attorney and ask about petitioning the court. Otherwise, they will all get nothing, and that is a shame, because that is not what the deceased sister would have wanted. All the more reason to get all of our Will's in order so this won't happen to us.

I have just finished settling my mother's estate, and it was simple because her Will was in order. I find this neighbor's situation interesting and make suggestions when I can. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement