Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gunsightpass Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129  
Subject: Re: The Five Minute Test Date: 4/22/2004 5:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Thanks for the analysis lostpros. First quarter earnings were released today and it looks like revenue growth is somewhat of an issue for Reebok. Overall revenue did grow 4% but that if you take out the impact of currency sales actually declined by 1%. I think this will be something to keep a close eye on.

Fireman did emphasize that the company still hopes to grow revenue in the single digits and earnings in the range of 15% for the year

A quick recap of the report:

Positives
Gross Margin increased 210 basis points to 40.2%
Inventories actually decreased by 2%
Running lines seem to be gaining momentum
Reaffirmed guidance for 15% earnings growth

Negatives
Revenue growth of 4% (-1% at constant currency)
Quarter was negatively impacted by the bankruptcy of Footstar
Results of international Operations was disappointing
SG&A increased to 32% from 29.6% ($30 million)Fireman stated that the increase was due to increased advertising and marketing as well as investment in supply chain and IT for the long term good of the company

Overall I am disappointed in the quarter but not ready to abandon the ship at this point. I would also like to take a look at the 10Q when it becomes available.

One other update. Reebok did sign Eli Manning, Kevin Jones, Kellen Winslow and Sean Taylor, all future NFL draft picks with.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement