Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: runningfoolrich Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265  
Subject: Thanks for the hot tip! Date: 7/21/2000 5:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Well, I finally finished TMF trilogy. I wanted to say thank you for the hot tip in the first half of Breakers and Makers.

I was wondering what to do next. I've been through all three books, plus the Investment Guide Workbook. I had business and investing coming out of my ears. Then the hot tip hit me! I paged back through the book and found the name I was looking for - Patrick O'Brian.

I'm now taking a break from reading investment books and I'm slowly working my way through the 19th century as I explore the 'enrichment' side of things. I finished a pre-Aubury book last weekend, and now I'm working on Master and Commander.

Thanks for the tip David. I owe you one.

Rich
http://nacogdochestx.metatiki.com/
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DavidGardner Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 239 of 265
Subject: Re: Thanks for the hot tip! Date: 7/21/2000 5:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Rich,

My pleasure! The O'Brian books (which I myself am only halfway through) are very enjoyable. I had one Foolish reader e-mail me a thank approximately 6 months after our book was published. He was e-mailing me to let me know he'd read ALL 19 Aubrey-Maturin books, and had enjoyed them very much.

I can't read that fast. Maybe you can. :)

Have a Foolish weekend,

David G.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement