Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the information. The problem is that we are not itemizing this year. This is our year to use the standard deduction.

Does this mean we have to complete from 1116 this year? Is there any place on the web that works through a sample form other than the official IRS instructions for form 1116.

You can always choose to forgo the entire foreign tax credit. <g> I'm not aware of any website that works through an 1116, but I've never looked for one. Good luck.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.