Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: levars Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2746  
Subject: Re: getting "divorced" Date: 2/10/2012 6:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Thanks for the replies folks, I do appreciate them.

No children fortunately... well, two cats, but they came with her and will go with her... so that makes them my step children? I'm taking care of them right now since she is living at a friends... not sure how long things will take, there is not much communication from her in the past two weeks. I told her a week ago that if she cares for me, and wants to reduce the pain, she'll find a new place to live as quickly as possible so we can arrange for her stuff (and cats) to not be here anymore so we can both move out of this awkward phase of everything she owns being here and staring me in the face (literally, those cats just stare at me sometimes...)

This is like band aid removal... they say it's best to remove it quickly. But band aids usually have two sticky sides on either end of the gauze. What I have here is a situation where she was fast with pulling the relationship side off, but now we're standing here w/ the other half of the band aid still stuck, pulling the arm hair, and it remains to be seen whether removal will be fast or slow...

BTW, one other thing I want to say is that I want to apologize for comparing my situation to actual divorce, my situation is not even close to as bad as an actual divorce... esp. since we have no kids... but I figured if there was a place to post about ending a relationship this was it :) ... What I've got is really more of a broken heart and some bad financial decisions :)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement