Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the reply JAFO,

I did look at both the threads you mentioned and it seems like recharacterizing the 99 contribution as a regular IRA would be a good idea.
The Roth is at TDWaterhouse, they had no idea how to figure the tax due, (because I would still like to keep the 98 portion in the Roth) wouldn't they still need to calculate the 99 portion to recharacterize?
Anyway I getting a recharacterize from TDWaterhouse and I guess it will be up to them to figure it out now.

Thanks again
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.