Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: frogfarm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63808  
Subject: Thanks from WayneOwl's family Date: 8/21/2006 10:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 99
[I received this email from WayneOwl's family. Regards to all -- Alice.]

Hi Alice,

Thank you for calling me earlier to let me know that you were sending your e-mail. Your timing was perfect. We were preparing some information for Wayne's former boss at Checker Cabs/GDTI who is giving the Tribute/Eulogy and the information you sent will show a side of his life that we really were incapable of giving much insight on. We knew he was doing well with his portfolios; but really did not know how much he was participating in the message forums (boards).

Alice, my Family and I would like to thank you for coming to see Wayne on his final days. I know that he knew we were all there with him and I hope we helped you as well, by being close with his Family. It came on so suddenly and he worsened so quickly that it left us all heartbroken, devastated, and wondering why it was so quick. His passing is such a great loss to all of us and he will be dearly missed. At least his suffering is over now and he is at peace. Alice, although your time with him was short, he will remain in our hearts forever.

We would like to thank you for letting everyone know about Wayne. The posts from the message boards are so touching and overwhelming. For his Family to know that he helped so many others and that they thought so highly of him, is very heartwarming. It is evident that they all appreciated him and his advice so much. When I read the posts, I could see that many people had come to know the brother that we knew and loved so dearly. As many people mentioned, he truly was a gentleman and an intellectual person. He had a thirst for knowledge and used the "power of knowledge" in the correct way - he shared it. He was kind, generous, and had a genuine desire to help others. Wayne had a great sense of humour and tried to live life to the fullest. He was very straightforward and did not believe in wasting time. He did have strong views in some areas, but he could "agree to disagree" without that affecting any future dealings with someone and if he was wrong about something, he would apologize.

Our Family is truly honoured that you are considering re-naming or creating a challenge in his memory. We are glad that he has helped so many people and are sorry that we were unable to read some of the posts with his advice. Perhaps some day in the future, the Motley Fools may hear from some of his Family looking for advice. He did spark their interest by purchasing a board game for his nieces and nephews to play a couple of years ago. (It was about Oil & Gas Exploration and Mining - sound like his area of interest?) Also, he has spent some time over the last year or so teaching them about investments and stocks.

Alice, please feel free to post this on all the boards to let everyone know how much their comments are appreciated. We will be thinking of all of you at the Funeral Service tomorrow morning.

Remember, he will be watching over us and I hope he will find a way to pass some stock tips down to all of you.

Good Luck and Best Wishes with your Portfolios! May the Investment Gods and WayneOwl watch over you and smile upon all of you always!

With much heartfelt gratitude from the Maki Clan;
Phyllis Dupuis, & Family,
Valerie Bergey & Family,
Pamela Kardas & Family,
and the Maki Boys.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement