Thanks much for the reply. The home is being built for a friend. I think it would be considered a semi custom home since I believe they are using plans that the builder already had and sweaking it to make it fit their needs. The builder has built many homes in the area and has a good reputation so they will probably come out okay. The contract states 4 1/2 months to complete the home, which seems a little aggressive to me unless everything goes smoothly. Since he has already signed the contract I guess he will just have to deal with any delays the best he can. He has a home to sell so if I were him I think I might delay putting it up for sale until he knows for sure when they can move into their new home.If the builder has a really good reputation, and your friend seems to have a rapport with him, maybe your friend should bring this concern up to the builder in a casual conversation. Letting the builder know that your friend just wants to time the sale of his house correctly, and that he's not trying to start any trouble with the builder seems like a good approach to get an honest answer. Depending on the housing market, it might not be a bad idea to put the house on the market now, just as long as any sales contract includes the clause that they can't close until closing occurs on the new home. This way your friend is less likely (IMHO) to be sitting on a house that's not selling after completion of the other home.Just my .02Pam
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar<