Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 796  
Subject: Re: Organizing Genealogy Files Date: 6/28/2012 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Paul - It is an interesting dance, sorting the earlier generation from the alive current generations does present another challenge...

Where I've been looking is on my Mom (Polish/Irish), and my Dad's (Danish) side...

Mom's side quite a few pieces of the puzzle, even a cousin popped up, the grandson of a second cousin, she'd given his Dad up for adoption as a girl, so reuniting them was quite a trip..

Dad's, I'm stumped, his Mom died here in CA, but his Dad, no idea, apparently thy split around 1902, as I found a court reference to property disposal, but still have no birthplace, just Denmark... met a Danish Librarian on a trip to England several years ago, got his email, but was never able to make contact with him in Copenhagen... Maybe his heath issues caught up, or it was a bad address.. Looked for the name in the staff, never found it..

But I get interested on and off, be nice to make a find... I've shared the files with family, but it's hard to get the younger set interest as they get busy with family, careers...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement