No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks Paul.

You need earned income to qualify.<.i>

My income is passive so that leaves that out.

The other alternative is Long Term Buy and Hold investing. LTBH in the Foolish lingo. By selecting the right investments, you avoid income taxes while you hold the investment. You pay income taxes only when you sell (or on small dividends etc) and then only at capital gains rates.

I looked for a board like that - but there isn't one. So, what are the "right investments?" I have some stocks, and have held them for maybe a couple of years, sort of my plan for LTBH. Would those qualify?


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.