No. of Recommendations: 0

Thanks so much for the words of support; from you and Sweetpee.

I am one of 5 children, and I can't imagine being one of 2 or an only child and having to go through this alone. There is so much to do and think about.

Thanks Sweetpee for relating your personal experience. She has been off the morphine for almost 2 days now so things should be getting clearer. The real worry we have is her trauma combined with her previous mental problems. She's been in Therapy for years, but since her therapist moved away 2 years ago, she hasn't been seeing anyone. She's always had problems with feelings of "loss of control" claustrophobia. Meaning she's not afraid of small spaces, but of those spaces where she feels like she doesn't have complete control. She also has a fear of taking medications, and doctors etc. She has always had some anxiety of driving. She didn't get her license until she was in her 50's. So all this, on top of the problems she has with taking on too much guilt is going to be very hard to deal with.

The one good thing is my Uncle (her brother) is in the mental health field and has offered to come up and stay with her while she is going through the grief. The big problem we have is "where" is she going to stay. Her house that she was sharing with Jim is actually the best place logistically, in that it has a downstairs bath and a place to put a bedroom. It also is out in the country in a beautiful setting. Which can be good, or can be bad. Unfortuantely it will be a constant reminder that Jim is not around.

And there's the question of who is going to take care of her while she is recovering. My sister is out of school for the summer (She's a teacher) and everyone else works. Which kind of leaves me, only because I dont have a job right now. I'm sure we will have to get her a physical therapist, and possibly a day nurse, but..

It's just a whole lot to think about. Personally, I was hoping to get my life back on track and get back to work and start actually "having" a life of my own. I don't know if that's going to happen now. It "feels" like I will be spending the rest of my life taking care of my parents.

Anyway, I have a dozen things to do today. Gotta go talk to the insurance co, and call mom's dr. and a dozen other things that I probably haven't even thought of yet.

I'm hanging in there. It's gonna be a long haul I think.

Lady I.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement