No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks to all of you Fools that replied with help. I now have a much clearer picture on how I can work out my contribution, as well as some creative ideas on how to pay myself. All my income is from self employment but some is from personal consulting contracts, some from my S-Corp. Seems to me that there are schemes for my S-Corp to contribute to my SEP, as well as for myself to, maximizing my SEP contributions as well as my deductions. Will have to look into this further.

I do have a further clarification question. So long as I make quite sure I do not over-contribute, is it the case that it does not matter how I contribute? Ie I can put in contributions of any size and at any time (up to 4/15) so long as I don't exceed the magical maximum?

Thanks again, the Fool community ROCKS.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.