No. of Recommendations: 0
thanks to you so far for the ideas.

I think my next plan of action is to get more income. I have advertised for babysitting and will check into the weekend job thing. I do like the splitting the 2 paycheks up thing. Hubby does get paid bi-weekly. Like I said he almost always gets overtime, so I think thats why we have been making it. It varies as does my extra ebay income, but I do put that aside and save it for things like clothes, vet, etc.

Do you think its worth maybe refinancing the house already? We have only paid a year and half on it and I know closing costs are killer. we took out $80,000 for 20 years ARM at 5%. There is no option to sell as the ground was given to us by my hubbys grandpa and must be kept with the family name and the next in line for it is my daughter who is 3.

With the vehicles.... we need the truck for hunting, which I feel really benefits us as we get all of our meat for an entire year for it. As it is only an S-10 we cannot fit the kids in it so we do need the car. Since we have less than $9000 left to pay and we are upside down on the loan I do not see us able to sell it.

I guess upping our income would be the best bet as I have cut down as much as possible and I am not sure about anymore cuts. If it is worth it and could be done I would get a cheaper car...I will check into everything. If I can get the CC paid I will free up $70 and could roll into auto loan to knock that out. I really would like to pay those off and keep them and have no vehicle payments for awhile.

thanks so far!! Please keep the input and don't worry about offending it rarely happens with me, and I am here to make changes at any cost!!! Please be harsh if need be. Sometimes I can say something to myself, but it doesn't sink in until I hear from somewhere else.
Print the post  

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.