No. of Recommendations: 87
On Friday Jan 3 you all inspired me to eat down my stores and "empty" the fridge. No purchases at all for a week...

I've been serious about it even though I may have to get milk and eggs for the grandkids. But I get a weekly allowance for the household, and it is pretty generous.

"My" school, which used to be free for any adult over 18 to learn English, Citizenship, or many other things, now has to charge $30 a semester....modest, but still a lot for an immigrant family in this horribly high rent area, or for single mothers needing to find jobs.

So...I took the household allowance you guys persuaded me not to use this week, and handed it over as a sort of "scholarship" to finance several needy adults who are struggling with the new fee. The receptionist, (a colleague and friend in my working years,) was a bit astonished...apparently this is a first,...but she said there was an enormous need.

So...MEK's food budget, and everyone else inspiring me, means YOU all are responsible for several adults starting school this semester. They can go to classes morning, afternoon and evening....school is active 9 hours of class-time a day, and they can take as many classes as they want for that one-time fee.

Thanks y'all!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement