No. of Recommendations: 0
Thans Kerri,

I am sure I want to stop. I was just looking for some wisdom along the way. Someones post on the promises of active alcoholism really shook me up because I can see im approaching then starting stages; anger, withdrawal, self-pit. Its really not me and I have no real tragedy in my life. Its got to be the excessive intake of booze. And that switch that is supposed to tell me "hey youre quit drunk now, time to call it a day". Well that switch doesnt work anymore. I fouond that out for sure the other week. Before that there was not real consequences, none that hurt other apart from me. That switch hasnt worked for about 3-4 years now. Ive miraculously got away with a lot (until now)but wasted so much time, energy and money for no gain at all.

I am giving up the lot; all mind altering substances that I used to believe I enjoyed, made me interesting, a free sprit etc. Thats all falling apart so its goobye to Booze, Smokes, Pot.

Im already enjoying it and ready to stand up and be counted regardless. I know there will be some moments but I am ready for them.

Having a forum like the Fool is good isn't it. One of the tangible benefits of technology.

Best regards

Brendan

Brendan

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement