Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Thanx everyone for all of your concerns for Jerry and me.

We got hoome an hour ago and now I have access to my computer and can post.

Monday started out as a beautiful day in Boston for the Marathon. The city really gets up for this event and the whole route (26.2 miles) is lined with spectators cheering on the runners. I was at mile 20 with my SIL and Jerry stopped and hugged and kissed the two of us. Then at mile 23 he saw 2 other friends and stopped and hugged and kissed them (females). He was feeling physically good and very upbeat, 3 blocks from the finish line the blasts went off and he was stopped from running by the police. You have all seen pictures of the devestation that took place at the finish line. Had Jerry not stopped to kiss and hug all the ladies he well may have been there when the blasts occurred.
A beautiful day turned into a tragedy for so many families - a totally senseless ugly act of hatred turning lives upside down.

Jerry had to walk 2 miles before we could get close enough to pick him up. The following day he went into Boston to pick up his bags and they awarded him a medal. He did not realize that he was being photographed by NBC and he appeared on the NBC NIghttly News last night.

It was a very emotional couple of days. The TV and newspapers are filled with pictures of the injured and very sad stories and we feel so lucky that we escaped unharmed but knowing what sadness we left in Boston is very difficult to process and impossible to forget.

Shelley
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement