Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ghu216 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 213717  
Subject: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/21/2011 8:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 163
I do not always agree with everything Jim tells us but I must highly praise him for dedicating a good part of his day to servicing us lesser lights on this board. I know, one can undertake studies bearing this out but I wish only to take an example of this afternoon. A post within the thread "Canadian banks" appeared at 4.21 pm to-day. Jim's answer came at 6.24. It had considerable length, as a lot of his posts do. If I had to say something at this length, the checking of facts, and spelling errors would take me a good deal of time.

And Jim Mungo does this for many threads on almost every day. Considering he lives in Europe, 6.24 Eastern is more like midnight his local time. He is a hard worker and we owe him thanks for the service he gives to all of us.

G H U
Print the post Back To Top
Author: knighttof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179714 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 1:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I had to unignore you for this but I heartily agree.
Jim is one of the best, no doubt.
I really wish all financial advisers were like him.

Author: downisland Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179720 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 8:15 AM
Recommendations: 3
I see this Board as a kind of a Tribe. In many Tribes the philosophy is that they are only as strong as your weakest members. So, taking the time to educate is so important. Love Ya for that Jim; you are surely one of our Tribe's Chieftans, leading by wonderful example.

Author: maharg34 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179725 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 9:23 AM
Reading Jim's post makes me feel guilty. I keep thinking that I should be paying to read his posts and would do so very willingly.

Thank you Jim!

Vinod

Author: mungofitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179726 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 10:13 AM
Recommendations: 42
I blush. Thanks for the kind words.

I like researching questions that people post.
It probably looks like I already know the answers I'm going to give
(not to be confused with the actual true answers), but it's often only
when somebody asks an interesting question that I start thinking about it,
researching it, and making up my mind. I learn a lot that way.

Considering he lives in Europe, 6.24 Eastern is more like midnight his local time
I cheated. I'm visiting Canada right now ; )

Jim

Author: andycheung2000 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179731 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 12:42 PM
> Reading Jim's post makes me feel guilty. I keep thinking that I should be paying to read his posts and would do so very willingly.

Agreed. I very rarely post anything but I am a regular visitor to this site. I read a great deal that's written on this board. I sit and absorb like a sponge. Can't believe I get to learn so much for free.

Author: RMarkic Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179737 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 5:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Jim,

Read many of your posts, and enjoy and appreciate all the ones I read.

Don't forget to get your fix of poutine, while your back in the Great White North!

Cheers,

Rick (from a boat on Georgian Bay, up on the Canadian Shield)

Author: mungofitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179739 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 5:18 PM
Recommendations: 2
Don't forget to get your fix of poutine, while your back in the Great White North!

Both I (and my cardiologist) remain happy I'm a vegetarian and thus safe from poutine.
I suppose it's theoretically possible to have vegetarian gravy and fry
the patates in something other than rendered roadkill, but do I
really want to ask what goes into it? There's a place at the Central
Canada Exhibition that has an entire poutine menu. *shudder*

To me, it's all about the wild blueberries.

Jim

Author: ghu216 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179742 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 6:05 PM
There's a place at the Central Canada Exhibition that has an entire poutine menu

You can't beat this board when it comes to French Canadian cuisine. When we were in Montreal and Quebec some years ago no one mentioned poutine. I guess my current cardiologist who is a good old Texas boy would have no opinion on this dish.

G H U

Author: VINNY2006 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179757 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/22/2011 11:07 PM
Jim, If you are anywhere near Windsor Ontario,(I know you are from London, about 2 hours away) I would love to milk you of some more knowledge.

Author: dusty2004 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179769 of 213717
Subject: Re: thanxx to Mungo Date: 8/23/2011 10:03 AM
Wow! Balloooons!

Happy anniversary

Dusty

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement